Tuesday, March 18, 2014

High Waisted Pants

Greetings All!

Hoping everyone had a blessed weekend and a great start to the work week :-) Normally I do not find high waisted pants to be the most flattering on my body type. I am square shaped(sigh), which means my waist isn't well-defined. To give the illusion of a waist I typically pair my skirts and dresses with some type of belt. I came across these pants on sale over at Asos and decided to give these high waisted trousers another shot.  I added a belt and Ta-Da, all was well in my world! I can't honestly say I am completely sold on this particular type of pant on me but I think I might experiment a little more with the high waisted trend. So, what are your thoughts on high waisted pants? Do they work for you? Do you find them to be reminiscent of mom jeans? I personally believe it's all in how you style them.

Ensemble Deets:
Pants-Asos(Here)
Blouse-H&M
Jacket-Arden B
Bracelets-Thrifted and Macy's
Watch-Movado
Pumps-H&M
Clutch-Etsy


You can recreate this look here. :-)

12 comments:

  1. I love high waisted pants as long as they are loose fitting. My waist is pretty small in proportion to my hips so it works. I think you styled this perfectly, love that clutch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inez! I agree, as long as they're relatively lose it works! Yes, high waisted pants def. look great on you :-)

      Delete
  2. Loving this look, especially the pants. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute look, I see alot of people rocking this style of high wasted pants and I think I need to get pair!!


    Carsedra McKoy:
    www.embracingtherealme.com
    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute and love the two pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute! Love the these high-waisted pants styles.

    Te'Rea
    www.chic-n-everything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, I find asos to run small or sometimes larger if it's the asos brand, did you get your normal size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I ordered a size up and the waist is actually huge on me, which you can't see due to it being belted but I should've went with my regular size.

      Delete
  7. I love high waisted pants. However, most of them don't look good on me because I'm very petite and I have a little booty.
    I think you wore it well, love the clutch and pumps!

    Xo
    Priscilla
    www.prissysavvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute pants! Love them!

    xo, Kenya

    ReplyDelete

  9. Love this look! I have those shoes and they are a pain to keep clean...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment/feedback! XOXO